The Systemic Design Association holds a General Assembly (GA) once each year. The GA forms the governing body of the SDA. It is open to all; however, only SDA members have the right to vote. Each member has one vote.
This year, the SDA General Assembly will be held online at 2:00 PM (1400 hours) CET on Monday, November 8, 2021.
There is no cost to attend. You can convert the time to your location using timeanddate.com (the event time is pre-set with CET/UTC+1).
The GA forms the governing body of the SDA. It is open to all; however, only SDA members have the right to vote. Each member has one vote.
SDA is a democratic, non-profit scholarly association making the GA the most critical meeting of the year. Through our participation in democratic principles, we strengthen the co-evolution of systemic design, adapting each field’s preferred core disciplinary methods and mobilising knowledge across practitioners and scholars.
The SDA supports the efforts of advanced design practice to:
- Lead programs of strategic scale and higher complexity (e.g., social policy, healthcare, education, urbanisation)
- Adapt systems thinking methods and creatively push the boundaries beyond the popular modes of systems dynamics and soft systems
- Invite academics worldwide to become members, participate in events, and share research
The General Assembly is registered with the number of members attending. Issues are settled with a simple majority. No one has more than one vote. Electronic devices will conduct all voting and elections.
Sunday, October 4, 2021, on or before midnight-2400 CEST
- Members who have suggestions for the GA agenda may send them to the Board up to four weeks before the General Assembly.
- The Board or individual members propose amendments to the statutes at least four weeks before the GA.
Sunday, October 18, 2021, on or before midnight/2400 CEST
- In addition to candidates nominated by the election committee, individual members may submit names before the GA.
Sunday, October 31, 2021, on or before midnight/2400 CET
- The Board distributes the final agenda for the GA to members.
- The GA may only elect candidates nominated in the agenda document sent to members.
November 2-6, 2021
- 10th annual Relating Systems Thinking and Design Symposium (on-campus and online)
Monday, November 8, 2:00-3:45 PM (1400-1545) CET/UTC+1
- Systemic Design Association General Assembly (online)
Contact: Cheryl May