10 Anniversary Ask Me Anything with Birger Sevaldson and Peter Jones follows the General Assembly.
The Systemic Design Association General Assembly (SDA GA) is held once each year. The GA forms the governing body of the SDA. It is open to all; however, only SDA members have the right to vote. Each member has one vote.
This year, the SDA General Assembly will be held online at 2:00 PM (1400 hours) CET on Monday, November 8, 2021.
There is no cost to attend. You can convert the time to your location using timeanddate.com (the event time is pre-set with CET/UTC+1).
Why attend the SDA GA?
The GA forms the governing body of the SDA. It is open to all; however, only SDA members have the right to vote. Each member has one vote.
SDA is a democratic, non-profit scholarly association making the GA the most critical meeting of the year. Through our participation in democratic principles, we strengthen the co-evolution of systemic design, adapting each field’s preferred core disciplinary methods and mobilising knowledge across practitioners and scholars.
The SDA supports the efforts of advanced design practice to:
- Lead programs of strategic scale and higher complexity (e.g., social policy, healthcare, education, urbanisation)
- Adapt systems thinking methods and creatively push the boundaries beyond the popular modes of systems dynamics and soft systems
- Invite academics worldwide to become members, participate in events, and share research
The General Assembly is registered with the number of members attending. Issues are settled with a simple majority. No one has more than one vote. Electronic devices will conduct all voting and elections.
Important SDA-GA dates
Sunday, October 4, 2021, on or before midnight-2400 CEST
- Members who have suggestions for the GA agenda may send them to the Board up to four weeks before the General Assembly.
- The Board or individual members propose amendments to the statutes at least four weeks before the GA.
Sunday, October 18, 2021, on or before midnight/2400 CEST
- In addition to candidates nominated by the election committee, individual members may submit names before the GA.
Sunday, October 31, 2021, on or before midnight/2400 CET
- The Board distributes the final agenda for the GA to members.
- The GA may only elect candidates nominated in the agenda document sent to members.
November 2-6, 2021
- 10th annual Relating Systems Thinking and Design Symposium (on-campus and online)
Monday, November 8, 2:00-3:45 PM (1400-1545) CET/UTC+1
- Systemic Design Association General Assembly (online)
Contact: Cheryl May